BananaSaviour

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Agricultural game

Agricultural Game

Subsistence farming's the best. Survived and even made some profit despite the 4 kids which 'God' gave me with his tool (calculator). Thanks to the bankers who decided to work with me cos i was less of a threat than the cooperatives! Thanks to the Bo Lui Bo Berng cooperative who sold me rice during the famine. No thanks to the cocky cooperative who wanted to sell me 1kg of rice for 1 ha of land! Hmph! Doing good is better than doing evil... see what happened to that miserable cooperative in the end? Hee. And worthy of mention is chouchou who refused to let her daughters marry my sons cos she thought them too poor... but afterward during the famine, she was willing to GIVE me her daughters! See how the human mind works in times of distress?

But I discovered that you cun really stay subsistence or hermity when you are plugged into the national system and be subjected to taxes and compulsory education. But hor, acting alone served its purpose too. I was conveniently forgotten for those years which needed taxation! Hee. (But I did set aside monies for them... honest me. Haha!) Shows how many tribal slash-and-burn or other subsistence farmers can easily escape the regulations set by the government. These minorities might not even be considered citizens in some sense. But at least they dun have to worry about taxes!

Give me my simple life and leave me alone! Leave me with my banana plantation, some veggies and several chickens and mebbe a horse/donkey.I dun wanna be corrupted by all the conspiracies, cheating, bargaining, arguing, etc. Too much for little teeny weeny innocent me. Precisely why I chose teaching. A 'safe' school environment, away from all the greedy, scheming, profit-seeking, power-hungry creatures! Ew.

8 Comments:

  • At 3:07 pm, Blogger Banana Saviour said…

    Yeah marginalized they are... Forced to conform. Taxes which dun benefit them in any way at all. All this power struggle... to feed the already-bloated bellies of the ones in control. (Think of the overflowing warehouses that the GO had!)

    Lucky for me I had bankers' contacts! The infrequent emerging from the hernit's shell were worthy afterall!

    Yeah then I think I might need to rear a cow for my banana milkshakes! Can I grow one with a seed and water it with milk?!

    Possible response: Wah Cow! =)

     
  • At 5:06 pm, Blogger Geognut said…

    Eh not only the GO hor, it was the GO and President combined.

    Maybe I should consider moving to the administrative service muahahahah, knives drawn ready to enter backs.

    Actually I hate politicking too but that's something we can't avoid no matter where we work. Might as well be proficient in the art...

     
  • At 11:39 pm, Blogger S W said…

    Hi, I think Daffy's strategy is the best. Because it actually made no sense to buy any of those items that is supposed to increase outputs. For eg, 1 lot of HYV cost $100. That will only bring us extra 10kg of rice that will fetch us only $10 extra. So, it was actually a whole waste of money.

    So, we should have all gone into the mountains with Daffy and survive on a cow that produces banana milkshake. :D

    SW

     
  • At 11:40 pm, Blogger S W said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:00 am, Blogger Geognut said…

    Yah daffy still owes the govt $80 and dunno how much rice...how many kids u have ah?

     
  • At 12:06 am, Blogger Geognut said…

    I want to play!

     
  • At 3:38 pm, Blogger Banana Saviour said…

    Hahah! Geognut, that is MY phrase!
    "I want to play!"

    I had 4 kids. Thanks to Kenneth and his calculator... =)

     
  • At 3:41 pm, Blogger Banana Saviour said…

    Haha! SW, the secret to the banana-producing cow is to feed it bananas, then get it to dance and shake its bonbon... and heyho, you've got banana milkshake!! =)

    I realised the "lu-gi-ness" of investing in technology too especially after working it out with Wonder Why? woman. Lucky the industrialists refused to give me discount... or else i'll have to emerge from the mountains and sell banana milkshake for the rest of my life liao! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home